SUMMER BTS CONTEST - 2008 OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
To enter online go to http://www.sobeyscontest.com/ and click on the "2008 Sobeys Back to School Laptop Computer Give Away" link. Complete and submit the online entry form and answer the mathematical skill-testing question. Limit one (1) e-mail entry per person or e-mail address. E-mail entries must be received by 11:59 pm on September 11, 2008.
To enter by mail, print on an 8Ω" by 11" page, your name, address, telephone number, Sobeys' store location and the correct answer to the following skill-testing question (30+15-40) and mail in a postage prepaid envelope to: Marketing Coordinator, Sobeys Ontario, 6355 Viscount Road, Mississauga, Ontario L4V 1W2. Mail entries must be received by 11:59 pm on September 11, 2008. Limit one (1) ballot entry per person or home address.
No Purchase Necessary. The contest runs from August 15, 2008 to 11:59 pm on September 11, 2008 ("Contest Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59 pm on September 11, 2008. The odds of winning a prize depend on the number of entries received on line and by mail during the Contest Period.
A Prize will be awarded to one (1) entrant from each of the 92 participating stores and will consist of:
Prize winners will be drawn on September 19, 2008, from all entries received by 11:59 pm on September 11, 2008.
In order to win, selected entrant must have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question on the mail-in entry or online entry from. Winner will be notified by phone and will be required to sign and return a confirmation of eligibility and a liability/publicity release in the form prepared by Sobeys ("Contest Documents") within 10 business days. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted by telephone or fails to return the Contest Documents within the specified time, he/she will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected. The winner must pick up his/her prize at the store named on their entry form.
3. The above contest is open to all residents of the Province of Ontario 18 years of age or older, except employees (and their household members) of Sobeys Capital Incorporated ("Sobeys") and its franchisees, their suppliers, their advertising agencies or any other person engaged in the development or implementation of this contest.
4. All contest materials including all entries become the property of Sobeys and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into with any person with respect to the contest, except selected winners. Personal information provided by contestants on the entry forms will only be used by Sobeys in connection with this contest.
5. Sobeys is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website and assumes no liability for damage to entrant's or any person's computer resulting from participating in the contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the e-mail address in question. If for any reason the online portion of this contest is not capable of being completed as planned for reasons including, but not limited to, computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical failures or other causes beyond the control of Sobeys, Sobeys reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the online portion of the contest.
6. In the event of any dispute or controversy regarding any matter related to the contest whether occurring during or following the contest, the decision of Sobeys shall be final and without appeal, including without limitation with respect to the validity of any entry or the awarding of any prize.
7. Any contest material submitted by an entrant which is incomplete or irregular in any way or which is fraudulent or which does not comply in any way with these Official Contest Rules will be disqualified. Sobeys takes no responsibility and assumes no liability (i) for any entry submitted that is disqualified, lost, stolen, destroyed, misdirected or delayed, or (ii) for errors and omissions, or (iii) for the loss, theft or misuse of any prize.
8. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Sobeys reserves the right to substitute prizes of the same or greater retail value for the prizes listed above.
9. By accepting a prize, the winner consents to the use of his/her name, municipality of residence, and/or photograph, without compensation, in any form of advertising or promotion undertaken by Sobeys including in any promotional materials, advertising and/or TV commercials/promotions.
10. No prize will be awarded unless the winner acknowledges having read the Official Contest Rules and agrees to abide by them in writing. By accepting a prize the winner will be deemed to have read and agreed to abide by the Official Contest Rules.
11. These Official Contest Rules govern all aspects of this contest and are binding upon all participants and are subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws.
12. All prize winners will be required to sign Contest Documents acknowledging, amongst other things, that they have accepted their prize.
13. The contest described in these Official Contest Rules will be conducted in participating Sobeys stores in Ontario, presently 92 in number. High Park, Yonge Street and Queens Quay Sobeys stores are not participating in this contest. If a store closes during the contest period, all entries received for the store prior to its closing will be combined with the next closest storeís entries and the closed store will not otherwise participate after it is closed.
14. The term "Sobeys Capital Incorporated" or "Sobeys" shall include: its franchisees, directors, officers, employees and authorized agents of Sobeys Capital Incorporated and its subsidiaries.